Cleverly crafted stationery and gifts to tame the mayhem of modern life
Currently recruiting for:
Head of Product Development & Innovation
Salary, subject to experience
Central Edinburgh office
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of NPD and Innovation to work with a successful, fast-growing brand based in Central Edinburgh. This forward-thinking company love designing and creating inspiring and design-driven gift and stationery products that bring joy and pleasure to all daily organisational and administrative tasks! They sell their products to consumers via their website and supply well-known high street multiples such as John Lewis, Waterstones and Boots and online retailers including Amazon.
Delivering the company’s product vision, you will be a strategic thinker with passion, a creative flair and outstanding leadership skills, who can direct and support the talented design and production teams through the next phase of company growth.
The role will focus on gaining greater understanding of consumer needs and identifying the right opportunities for product and range development to take the brand forward in the competitive stationery market (online and at retail).
Responsibilities in a typical day of this Head of NPD & Innovation role:
• Directing and supporting a product team of 6 people.
• Guiding range structure, content and look to meet the needs of the target consumers.
• Leading consumer research initiatives to develop a clear and detailed understanding of the brand’s consumer needs.
• Spotting opportunities for new products and range development and driving ‘clever’ new products into the ranges.
• Creating and delivering a clear growth strategy for the future of the product ranges
• Responsibility for creating the critical path seasonally and meeting all key product development deadlines.
• Responsibility for setting retail pricing, liaising with production and sales
• Working closely with production to understand costs, margins, materials and manufacturing processes.
• Attendance at monthly management meetings, creation of monthly report.
• Setting and managing product budget, reforecasting as required and ensuring a ROI.
• Travel: Potential sourcing trips, competitor shopping and trade show visits (UK and abroad).
The ideal Head of NPD & Innovation candidate will have/be:
• Visionary and strategic thinker, able to plan both 1 and 3 years ahead.
• Hands on NPD experience at a senior level, with suppliers in the Far East.
• Experience in a consumer product area ideal (stationery or gift sector would a bonus but not a necessity).
• Driven and commercially aware.
• Proven track record of creating successful product strategy and initiatives to drive growth.
• Experienced in using consumer and competitor research to successfully influence range decisions.
• Trend aware with a passion for design.
• Proven leadership and senior management experience.
• A positive, go-to person with a can-do (and will-do) attitude.
Please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are particularly suited to the role to:
VACANT POSITION - FIELD SALES AGENT
Join the Busy B team on the road!
We are looking for friendly, well established and motivated sales agents to represent Busy B in the Midlands, London and the Home Counties
What will you be selling?
We design and produce stylish, award-winning stationery products to help organise busy lives. Each of our products has “Oh So Clever!” features that help to differentiate them to other products on the market, making selling them to the trade that little bit easier!
We offer a generous commission package, plus bonus potential at certain times of year. We want you to be successful, so samples, catalogues and any other support will be provided.
• It is important that you have an established territory with a strong customer base
• The other brands that you carry must be compatible with Busy B
• You must call on retailers in a number of following areas: gift shops, department stores, garden centres, galleries & museums
• Proactive with passion, energy and drive with a vibrant, likeable personality
• Provide assistance at trade shows when required
• A good understanding and desire to learn about the Busy B brand (we can help you with this!)
We are expanding each year and this is an exciting time to play a part in this vibrant and growing business.
If you are interested and would like to find out more information, please email Sarah.Robertson@BusyB.co.uk
Share with us
Keep up to date on the latest news and share with us how you use your BusyB products.