Cleverly crafted stationery and gifts to tame the mayhem of modern life
Currently recruiting for:
E-commerce and Digital Graduate Assistant
This is a fantastic opportunity to play an integral part in a new web development project at one of Scotland’s leading and most stylish Gifts and Stationery brands. We are looking for a digitally savvy, hard-working self-starter to join the digital marketing team at what is an exciting time of growth for online. This is unique opportunity to own and deliver a digital project where you can use, learn and develop your digital skills and make a direct impact from day one.
This is a six-month graduate/apprenticeship position for someone looking to get started in their career, with a possibility of it being extended to long-term at the end of the six months.
Working in the Digital Marketing team and being the go-to support for the Digital and Brand Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for supporting every part of the new web build; from competitor analysis to the implementation and organisation of content, customer data and the product catalogue to testing; taking pride in the final result and using attention to detail and organisation skills to ensure timely, quality delivery, alongside the Manager. Using a can-do attitude, multitasking and problem solving skills, you will always rise to the challenge. This is a role for someone who really wants to learn by doing, and become an integral part of a close-knit, hard-working team in the delivery of an exciting project.
• To support the Digital and Brand Marketing Manager with the planning and the implementation of the new Busyb.co.uk website; using technical abilities, digital finesse and problem solving skills to support when needed.
• Take ownership and pride in the delivery and presentation of certain parts of the web build, including but not exclusive to:
o Market research and competitor analysis reports
o Organisation and implementation of the new product catalogue, content, marketing assets and customer data
o Content Production: Responsible for keeping content production ahead of time; liaising with designers and copywriters and working to tight deadlines
o Testing: Conducting detailed testing reports, also liaising and organising the wider team for support when needed
• Use strong communication skills to liaise with the wider team (including Sales, Production and Design) as well as the Digital Agency; being proactive and retrieving information where needed, also acting as a point of liaison for the marketing team.
• To support the Marketing and E-commerce team including the Digital Marketing Executive with day-to-day and ad hoc duties; using problem solving skills and a positive, can-do attitude to take on ‘curve-balls’ in a fast-paced retail environment.
• Degree in Marketing, Digital, Graphics, Project Management or related field.
• Graduate with up to 2 years’ experience.
• E-commerce/Web Skills: Familiar with using a Content Management System like Magento and the back-end of a website; or a fast learner who can use their natural, technical abilities and attention to detail to get to grips with a new site (Training will be included).
• Organisation/Planning: Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and good levels of foresight and attention to detail to organise product information, marketing assets and data ahead of time.
• Photoshop and Graphics skills to create assets for the new website and marketing plan, and the existing site when needed.
• Digitally savvy with a strong passion for online, especially E-commerce. Familiar with digital marketing practices and online tools such as e-marketing and social media (including platforms like Mailchimp, Instagram and Facebook).
• Passion and knowledge for online retail, particularly fashion-led stationery products and accessories
• The ability to use Digital Marketing platforms like building emails and organising data segments in Mailchimp, social media and Facebook advertising (or an interest in learning)
• Experience in sales or a retail environment
• Copywriting and content production skills
• Friendly and strong communication skills; able to liaise with in-house team and external agencies
• Team player with a helpful, can-do attitude
• Organisation skills; uses foresight to look and plan ahead effectively
• Excellent attention to detail
• Multi-tasking skills; able to be reactive to ‘curve-balls’ in a fast-paced, marketing environment
• Proactive, lateral way of thinking, seeing the big picture of the project from start to finish
• Salary – dependent on experience.
• This role is Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
• We are located in central Edinburgh, next to Gayfield Square at the top of Leith walk.
• This is a six month contract.
• There may be an opportunity to progress from this role as the company grows but this depends on suitability of candidate and if there are further opportunities once the project has been complete. Next Steps:
Please send your CV to Fiona.Morrison@BusyB.co.uk
Head of Product Development & Innovation
Salary, subject to experience
Central Edinburgh office
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of NPD and Innovation to work with a successful, fast-growing brand based in Central Edinburgh. This forward-thinking company love designing and creating inspiring and design-driven gift and stationery products that bring joy and pleasure to all daily organisational and administrative tasks! They sell their products to consumers via their website and supply well-known high street multiples such as John Lewis, Waterstones and Boots and online retailers including Amazon.
Delivering the company’s product vision, you will be a strategic thinker with passion, a creative flair and outstanding leadership skills, who can direct and support the talented design and production teams through the next phase of company growth.
The role will focus on gaining greater understanding of consumer needs and identifying the right opportunities for product and range development to take the brand forward in the competitive stationery market (online and at retail).
Responsibilities in a typical day of this Head of NPD & Innovation role:
• Directing and supporting a product team of 6 people.
• Guiding range structure, content and look to meet the needs of the target consumers.
• Leading consumer research initiatives to develop a clear and detailed understanding of the brand’s consumer needs.
• Spotting opportunities for new products and range development and driving ‘clever’ new products into the ranges.
• Creating and delivering a clear growth strategy for the future of the product ranges
• Responsibility for creating the critical path seasonally and meeting all key product development deadlines.
• Responsibility for setting retail pricing, liaising with production and sales
• Working closely with production to understand costs, margins, materials and manufacturing processes.
• Attendance at monthly management meetings, creation of monthly report.
• Setting and managing product budget, reforecasting as required and ensuring a ROI.
• Travel: Potential sourcing trips, competitor shopping and trade show visits (UK and abroad).
The ideal Head of NPD & Innovation candidate will have/be:
• Visionary and strategic thinker, able to plan both 1 and 3 years ahead.
• Hands on NPD experience at a senior level, with suppliers in the Far East.
• Experience in a consumer product area ideal (stationery or gift sector would a bonus but not a necessity).
• Driven and commercially aware.
• Proven track record of creating successful product strategy and initiatives to drive growth.
• Experienced in using consumer and competitor research to successfully influence range decisions.
• Trend aware with a passion for design.
• Proven leadership and senior management experience.
• A positive, go-to person with a can-do (and will-do) attitude.
Please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are particularly suited to the role to:
Share with us
Keep up to date on the latest news and share with us how you use your BusyB products.