With our cleverly designed stationery, must-have accessories and gorgeous gifts, Busy B keeps you beautifully organised
Currently recruiting for a Senior Product Manager
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
Join the Busy B team!
This is an exciting opportunity to really make a difference to a growing brand, sales of £2.5 million (circa) this year. The role will be based at our office in Central Edinburgh. Busy B are a forward thinking company, designing clever stationery products which make organising daily life more enjoyable and more beautifully organised . We sell directly to consumers via Busyb.co.uk. We also supply high street multiples such as John Lewis and Waterstones, online retailers including Amazon, independents and export customers. See our full product range at: www.BusyB.co.uk
This role is a fantastic leadership opportunity for a strategic thinker who is passionate about product development, has creative vision and commercial expertise to work with our MD on the future vision for the product ranges. As a senior ‘go-to’ member of the management team you will guide our product team and manage the critical path and product quality each season. You will be responsible for driving clever new products and features into our ranges and fully understanding our consumers and competitors.
• Directing and supporting the product team of 6
• Guiding range structure, content and look to meet the needs of the target consumers
• Developing a clear and detailed understanding of our target consumer profiles and sharing across the business
• Spotting opportunities and creating and delivering a strategy which will drive ‘clever’ new products into the ranges
• Overseeing all market and competitor research and applying relevant insights to ranges
• Responsibility for understanding and adopting the right trend and market analysis
• Setting aims and objectives across product area seasonally
• Guardian of the Busy B brand across all ranges and products
• Responsibility for creating the critical path seasonally and meeting all key product development deadlines
• Leading and directing workload in design and production teams
• Responsibility for quality control and sign offs on all product and packaging
• Oversee proof reading and copywriting processes and suppliers
• Understanding the commercial requirements of the sales team and ensuring delivery of all collateral for sell in
• Responsibility for setting retail pricing, liasing with production and sales
• Attend various Sales account meetings as required
• Working closely with production to understand costs, margins, materials and manufacturing processes
• Support the sourcing of new products and suppliers where required (work closely with Production team)
• Sign off on briefs for design and production dept and external freelancers as required
• Identifying and leading development projects as required and reporting to directors on progress
• Attendance at monthly management meeting, creation of monthly report
• Set and manage product budget, reforecasting as required and ensuring a ROI
• Travel: Potential sourcing trips, competitor shopping and trade show visits (UK and abroad)
• The Assistant Product Manager will report directly to you
• Driven and commercially aware
• Passionate about product development
• Ability to give clear direction
• Visionary and strategic thinker, able to plan both 1 and 3 years ahead
• Takes ownership, is organised and in control, generates confidence from others
• Ability to drive projects and comfortable with teamwork
• Proven track record of creating successful product strategy and initiatives to drive growth
• Proven experience of spotting and acting upon opportunities
• Experienced in using consumer and competitor research to successfully influence range decisions
• Experience of managing 3D product design
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively to deliver results
• Trend aware with a passion for design
• Passionate guardian of the brand ethos across all product ranges
• Proven leadership and senior management experience
• Ability to inspire, motivate and persuade others
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• A positive, go-to person with a can-do (and will-do) attitude
• Ability to multi task across different projects
• Experience in a consumer product area ideal (stationery or gift sector would a bonus but not a necessity)
• Full time
• Central Edinburgh Office
• Salary £ Competitive - please state salary expectation in your covering letter
Email Claire.Miller@BusyB.co.uk with your CV and a covering letter detailing why you are perfect for this role.
VACANT POSITION - FIELD SALES AGENT
Join the Busy B team on the road!
We are looking for friendly, well established and motivated sales agents to represent Busy B in the Midlands, London and the Home Counties
What will you be selling?
We design and produce stylish, award-winning stationery products to help organise busy lives. Each of our products has “Oh So Clever!” features that help to differentiate them to other products on the market, making selling them to the trade that little bit easier!
We offer a generous commission package, plus bonus potential at certain times of year. We want you to be successful, so samples, catalogues and any other support will be provided.
• It is important that you have an established territory with a strong customer base
• The other brands that you carry must be compatible with Busy B
• You must call on retailers in a number of following areas: gift shops, department stores, garden centres, galleries & museums
• Proactive with passion, energy and drive with a vibrant, likeable personality
• Provide assistance at trade shows when required
• A good understanding and desire to learn about the Busy B brand (we can help you with this!)
We are expanding each year and this is an exciting time to play a part in this vibrant and growing business.
If you are interested and would like to find out more information, please email Sarah.Robertson@BusyB.co.uk
Share with us
Keep up to date on the latest news and share with us how you use your BusyB products.