Cleverly crafted stationery and gifts to tame the mayhem of modern life
Central Edinburgh office
Salary - depending on experience
Busy B has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to work with a successful, fast-growing brand based in central Edinburgh. This forward-thinking company create design-led gift and stationery products that bring joy and pleasure to all daily organisational and administrative tasks, selling their products to consumers via their website alongside supplying to well-known high street multiples such as John Lewis, Selfridges and Waterstones as well as online retailers including Amazon.
The position requires a highly organised individual with a positive, commercial mindset who enjoys working as part of a team in a busy environment. The candidate should be from a financial background with 2+ years of commercial experience. Excellent organisation, attention to detail, a can-do approach and strong interpersonal skills are important.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference to a growing brand with sales of £2.2m (circa) this year. The Finance Manager will be a key member of the senior management team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Preparation of monthly management accounts
• Budgeting and forecasting
• VAT Returns and Intrastat (knowledge of EU VAT returns would be beneficial)
• Purchase and movement of foreign currency
• Managing all bank accounts and cash flow
• Management of pay role, salaries and pension scheme
• Managing the Book-keeper
• Supporting/managing the IT function
• Office management – utilities, maintenance
The candidate (key attributes):
• Qualified accountant / Qualified by experience
• Ability to continually improve the performance of the management function
• Can take ownership, be calm and in control
• Can use initiative and resolve problems
• Can lead development projects
• Ability to multi-task easily
• Collaborative and friendly, with excellent verbal and written communication
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Experience with Sage
To apply for this role please send your CV and a letter explaining why you are suited to the position to: Kerri.Middleton@BusyB.co.uk.
Share with us
Keep up to date on the latest news and share with us how you use your BusyB products.