Cleverly crafted stationery and gifts to tame the mayhem of modern life!
Currently recruiting for a Head of Product Development & Innovation
HEAD OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & INNOVATION
Join the Busy B team!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of NPD and Innovation to work with a successful, fast-growing brand based in Central Edinburgh. This forward-thinking company love designing and creating inspiring and design-driven gift and stationery products that bring joy and pleasure to all daily organisational and administrative tasks!
Directly selling their products to consumers via their website alongside supplying to well-known high street multiples such as John Lewis, Selfridges and Waterstones and online retailers including Amazon, this position requires a strategic thinker with outstanding leadership skills who has passion and creative flair in abundance.
Working closely with the MD to agree the overall direction of the product ranges, you will be responsible for delivering the company’s product vision. To do this, you will be supported by an extremely talented production and design team, freeing up your time for more strategic thinking, planning and doing.
Understanding the consumer is key for this position as the whole product offering is driven by a desire to make their everyday life easier, more efficient and pleasurable. You will use your consumer research experience and eye for spotting product opportunities, to drive the development of clever new products and features into the range.
Responsibilities in a typical day of Head of Product Development & Innovation Role
• • Directing and supporting a product team of 6 people.
• Guiding range structure, content and look to meet the needs of the target consumers.
• Developing a clear and detailed understanding of the company’s target consumer profiles and sharing across the business.
• Spotting opportunities and creating and delivering a strategy which will drive ‘clever’ new products into the ranges.
• Overseeing all market and competitor research and applying relevant insights to ranges.
• Responsibility for understanding and adopting the right trend and market analysis.
• Setting aims and objectives across product area seasonally.
• Guardian of the company brand across all ranges and products.
• Responsibility for creating the critical path seasonally and meeting all key product development deadlines.
• Leading and directing workload in design and production teams.
• Responsibility for quality control and sign offs on all product and packaging.
• Oversee proof reading and copywriting processes and suppliers.
• Understanding the commercial requirements of the sales team and ensuring delivery of all collateral for sell in.
• Responsibility for setting retail pricing, liaising with production and sales
• Attend various sales account meetings as required.
• Working closely with production to understand costs, margins, materials and manufacturing processes.
• Support the sourcing of new products and suppliers where required (work closely with Production team).
• Signing off on briefs for design and production department and external freelancers as required.
• Identifying and leading development projects as required and reporting to directors on progress.
• Attendance at monthly management meetings, creation of monthly report.
• Setting and managing product budget, reforecasting as required and ensuring a ROI.
• Travel: Potential sourcing trips, competitor shopping and trade show visits (UK and abroad).
• The Assistant Product Manager will report directly to you.
The ideal Head of Product Development & Innovation candidate will have/be
• • Visionary and strategic thinker, able to plan both 1 and 3 years ahead.
• Hands on NPD experience with suppliers in the Far East.
• Experience in a consumer product area ideal (stationery or gift sector would a bonus but not a necessity).
• Passionate about product development.
• Driven and commercially aware.
• Ability to give clear direction.
• Ownership and be organised and in control, generating confidence from others.
• Ability to drive projects and comfortable with teamwork.
• Proven track record of creating successful product strategy and initiatives to drive growth.
• Proven experience of spotting and acting upon opportunities.
• Experienced in using consumer and competitor research to successfully influence range decisions.
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively to deliver results.
• Trend aware with a passion for design.
• Passionate guardian of the brand ethos across all product ranges.
• Proven leadership and senior management experience.
• Inspiring with ability to motivate and persuade others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• A positive, go-to person with a can-do (and will-do) attitude.
• Ability to multi task across different projects.
• Full time
• Central Edinburgh Office
• Salary £ - Subject to experience
Please email Claire.Miller@BusyB.co.uk with your CV
VACANT POSITION - FIELD SALES AGENT
Join the Busy B team on the road!
We are looking for friendly, well established and motivated sales agents to represent Busy B in the Midlands, London and the Home Counties
What will you be selling?
We design and produce stylish, award-winning stationery products to help organise busy lives. Each of our products has “Oh So Clever!” features that help to differentiate them to other products on the market, making selling them to the trade that little bit easier!
We offer a generous commission package, plus bonus potential at certain times of year. We want you to be successful, so samples, catalogues and any other support will be provided.
• It is important that you have an established territory with a strong customer base
• The other brands that you carry must be compatible with Busy B
• You must call on retailers in a number of following areas: gift shops, department stores, garden centres, galleries & museums
• Proactive with passion, energy and drive with a vibrant, likeable personality
• Provide assistance at trade shows when required
• A good understanding and desire to learn about the Busy B brand (we can help you with this!)
We are expanding each year and this is an exciting time to play a part in this vibrant and growing business.
If you are interested and would like to find out more information, please email Sarah.Robertson@BusyB.co.uk
Share with us
Keep up to date on the latest news and share with us how you use your BusyB products.