Save 15% off your first order with code BB15. Not valid with savvy saver sets.
Designer - Graphic (Pattern)
Busy B are a forward thinking, growing company designing clever, thoughtful stationery and accessories which make organising daily life more enjoyable. The designs are stocked by a wide range of high street retail chains and an ever growing list of online and independent retail customers throughout the UK. Busy B has a great presence online and sell directly to consumers via our website. View the current product range: www.busyb.co.uk.
An exciting new opportunity exists for a talented and hardworking Graphic and Pattern Designer to join our creative design team to cover a maternity leave. The role is busy and varied and involves creating patterns, designing ranges and individual products and art working products marketing materials. The right candidate must have strong pattern design skills as well as proven graphic design ability and be enthusiastic, willing to learn with a can-do attitude and the ability to use their own initiative.
Role & Responsibilities
• Implement the Busy B Brand guidelines across all ranges
• Product range development
• Strategic role in creating new patterns
• Implementing new patterns and designs for product covers and insides
• Artworking product covers, insides, labelling and packaging
• Assisting the design team, where needed, with creative development work
• Catalogue and order form layout
• Creating product sales visuals to a high presentation standard
• Creating product mock ups to a high presentation standard
• Designing marketing for print (flyers, adverts etc)
• Photography re-touching
• Produce Scatterproofs as required
• Store visits as required
• Attendance at Design Shows and Trade Shows as required
• Guide Freelancers as required
• Progress updates as required
• Work closely with MD, Product Marketing and Sales teams
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Relevant HND / Degree
• 2-4 years experience in similar role
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe CC suite (must be proficient in In Design)
• Enthusiastic, good communication skills and a can do attitude
• Efficient, able to adapt to different tasks
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as closely with the Busy B design team
• Good organisation and planning skills
The following would be an advantage:
• Product design experience
• Experience of designing giftware, stationery and/or packaging
• Full time, central Edinburgh design studio/office
• Maternity leave cover - minimum 9 months (could extend to 12)
• Starting May 2017
• Salary range £22-£28k p.a. dependent on experience
To apply - please email: [email protected] if you are interested in this exciting position. Please send your CV explaining why you should be considered for this role along with relevant, visual examples of recent work.
Share with us
Keep up to date on the latest news and share with us how you use your BusyB products.